POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Events Manager
ORGANIZATION: United Way of York County
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing & Communications
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Events Manager is a key member of the Marketing & Communications team and will play a critical role in telling United Way’s story through marketing and events. The Marketing & Events Manager manages a broad range of special events and marketing projects, and is involved in most day-to-day activities of the department. The Manager assists with the creation and execution of special events, the creation and management of social media, website and newsletter content, and the generation of marketing materials. Ultimately, this position is responsible for helping to develop marketing tools and events that directly support fulfillment of United Way’s strategic plan and assists in the development of effective marketing strategies that support United Way’s fundraising and community initiatives.
1. Gain understanding of United Way goals, philosophies, brand standards, and communication techniques.
2. Assist in publication bidding, design, editing/proofreading, and production of all communications and marketing materials, press releases and electronic newsletters.
3. Aid in target marketing initiatives and cultivation of new audiences related to campaign growth.
4. Lend support in regular social media updates including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn as well as additional emerging media to be determined.
5. Maintain updates and fresh content to UWYC website and oversee online event registration.
6. Maintain up-to-date email lists for electronic newsletters and track reports through Constant Contact.
7. Work closely with Community Impact and Resource Development teams to stay current on their needs, secure content for materials, gather newsworthy items and disseminate as appropriate.
8. Assist in the planning and logistics for special events.
9. Performs other administrative duties as necessary.
Minimum Job Requirements
Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Experience with graphic design.
Be able to show writing examples and design work as well as previous event management experience.
o Demonstrated reliability and positive work habits.
o Excellent computer skills.
o Strong interpersonal skills.
o Strong oral and written communication skills.
o Able to work quickly with a high level of accuracy.
o Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
o Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
o Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
o Event management
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Nicole Shaffer at email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Campaign Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Resource Development
The Campaign Manager will provide support and consultation to workplace campaign customers. Position will establish and strengthen relationships with current and prospective campaign donors, volunteers and advocates; build donor loyalty, raise and leverage resources, and ensure a positive brand experience. This position will work in a team environment to meet or exceed fundraising goals needed to impact community needs.
1. Develops and manages relationships with selected accounts.
2. Cultivates and develops new accounts in support of the United Way campaign.
3. Collects required data for entering into the campaign database.
4. Recruits and trains campaign volunteers.
5. Consults with campaign volunteers in assigned campaign divisions and accounts.
6. Where appropriate, refers individuals interested in other United Way activities to appropriate departments within the United Way.
7. Supervises loaned campaign associate(s) as assigned.
8. Interacts and coordinates with Finance/MIS, Community Impact, and Marketing/Communication Departments as necessary.
9. In consultation with supervisor, joins an appropriate social service club, organization, and/or association.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above requirements are representative of minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the individual will possess the ability and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently, and comply with the United Way of York County’s policies and procedures, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Educational and Other Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, related field, or equivalent experience.
2. Proven track record of successful resource development and/or sales experience.
3. Goal oriented with ability to manage multiple projects from inception to conclusion.
4. Skilled in customer relationship management methodologies.
5. Strong interpersonal, excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to customize communications to various audiences.
6. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
7. Fully proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
8. Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
9. Possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to operate a motor vehicle
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Chad Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding internship opportunities, please contact United Way of York County at (717) 843-0957 or email United Way here.